By Melissa Chambers
What better drink is there than hot cocoa during the winter months? Hot cocoa is one of my favorite seasonal drinks, and it’s a must for winter-themed baby showers. If you’re searching for a unique baby shower drink station, fun winter-themed drink or a way to add a little extra pizzaz to a baby shower hot cocoa bar, these dipped marshmallow options are just the ticket!
For that “warm sip station,” consider creating a variety of dipped marshmallows, including dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate and peppermint. The options are truly endless … butterscotch, caramel … you could have so much fun dipping marshmallows to use at a winter hot cocoa station! These yummy dipped treats are so fun that hot cocoa isn’t required to enjoy them. I had a few dipped marshmallows in my cocoa and taste tested a few before I started sipping on my drink. Wink!
Dipped marshmallow-making tips:
- When dipping marshmallows in dark, milk or white chocolate consider adding a touch of shortening to loosen the chocolate a bit. The chocolate will be creamy and ideal for dipping.
- To create peppermint dipped marshmallows, crush peppermint candies finely, dip marshmallows in white chocolate then roll in crushed candies.
- Dipped marshmallows need only 30-45 minutes in the fridge to harden and are ready to serve.
- Use parchment paper as your base on a baking sheet for the dipped marshmallows; they won’t stick to the parchment paper and a baking sheet is wide enough to place each marshmallow carefully.
- Try something fun! Consider crushing other candies and treats. How delish would crushed Butterfinger dipped marshmallows be?
Happy winter baby shower planning!