Baby showers are a lot of fun and make the mom-to-be feel super special. But there are often other guests of honor in attendance, like soon to be grandmothers and Godparents. A fun and easy way to make them feel extra special is to make a guest of honor Pin for them to wear throughout the party.
These pins are really easy to make and do not require many supplies. I found all of these at my local craft store or you may even already have some of them lying around your craft room.
- Fabric (I bought 1 “fat quarter” of fabric and it was way more than enough.)
- Paper Medallions (I bought pre-made ones that are nice and sturdy or you can attempt to make your own.)
- Glue Lines (or use a glue gun)
- Scissors (and pinking sheers if you want to make a decorative edge)
- Pin backings
- Adhesive bling (optional, and you can buy all types of these from faux-diamond to metal finish.)
Using your scissors or pinking sheers, cut a fabric “ribbon.” The width will depend on the size of your medallion. I cut a piece of fabric and placed the medallion on top to judge the size and made modifications from there. Once you find the size you like, use your Glue Line to adhere the medallion on to the fabric.
Then use a Glue Line to attach the pin backing. Again, you can use hot glue, if you prefer.
To personalize the medallions, you can cut the fabric in different ways or even use a bunch of different, but coordinating, fabrics.
The guest of honor pins will let the rest of the attendees know that these guests are someone special in the baby’s life. It’s a simple way to brighten someone’s day and let them know they are loved.